Events in September 2017
Date & Time: Thursday September 28 from 7:15 - 9:15.
Location: Christian Science Sunday School at 64 Water Street North, Kitchener. Enter at the Francis Street door of the church and go down to the Sunday School. It is one block from King St so there is good access to public transit. There is a small parking area around the church plus on-street parking on Francis and Water Streets.
Agenda:• Biosolids in Waterloo Region (45 minutes): Kaoru Yajima, senior project engineer, Waterloo Region's water services. Waterloo Region is developing a strategy to deal with biosolids from sewage treatment. So far the region has developed a short list of alternatives and plans to recommend a preferred alternative to regional council next year. The alternatives still being considered are:1...Produce fertilizer from biosolids.2...Produce compost from biosolids.3...Produce dry fertilizer pellets from biosolids.4...Thermal reduction of biosolids to ash.
• Next Meeting
- Yorkland Green Hub (Guelph) Update (15 minutes): Norah Chandler
- Textiles: Decision on whether GREN should work on this issue
- Upcoming Events - GREN CoSponsor:
- CCOB fund raiser and book launch (October 22nd)
- Good Green Death Forum (Saturday October 28): Susan Koswan
- Other Updates: